recount

We had a nice spring break last week. The children had a big sleepover Friday night and then we got offered free tickets to the circus Saturday. Thank you Marty! Baylie had never been before and Taylor and Lane haven't been since they were little. So, it was a huge and unexpected blessing! Things have been very hard lately and I have been a little guilty of overlooking the little blessings in my life. I'm doing better though.

We have had 2 great days of school this week! I'm hoping that it will continue through the rest of the week. We have had a late start each day but we have gotten a ton done. We just may finish the end of May! Woohoo! I'm looking forward to summer break and going to the lake to see daddy.

I miss my daddy so much! I feel like it has been a really long time since I have seen him. I think the last time I saw him was when he came here to take care of me after my liver biopsy in January. Too too long! I hope that we can get to the lake before Memorial Day weekend, that's our first scheduled trip, but I'm so antsy to get there!

Dad is really making some progress on his house now! The weather finally took a turn for the better and the rain has been holding off enough for him to get a running start. I can't wait to go see it! By the time I get there it will probably be under roof. Yay!

Saturday is gonna be a great day! They are calling for some sprinkles, but I'm praying that it will leave the forcast for that day. We are having lots of company!!! And none of them have been to our house yet. I'm very excited to spend time with them all!!!

Sunday should be a great day too! We have church in the morning and after church Baylie is going to her friend Megan's house and we will take home Taylor's friends Kasie, Savannah, and her boyfriend Derrick. We'll have a little cookout of hot dogs and they can hang out till it's time to go back to church.

We have a very busy weekend ahead of us, but it'll be filled with time with good friends! It doesn't get much better then that!

Well, I think that's all for now.... I'm gonna go work out before Biggest Loser comes on! Haha! Later guys!
Posted by Heather at 4:12 PM 0 comments
Monday, April 5, 2010
Our Easter
We had a great Easter holiday. It started with Taylor waking herself up at 6:30 to bake muffins for the whole family for Easter. By the time I got up at 7:00 the muffins were out of the oven and Taylor was dressed and had woken Baylie up and helped her to get dressed. She had woken Lane up too. I can't tell you how much easier that made my morning! Taylor is such a wonderful girl. I'm so proud of her. Thankfully the children were not phased at all over not having anything for Easter at home. But, between all the grandparents, they made out really well.

I got to talk to my daddy on the way to church, I miss him so badly! I can't wait till we get to go to the lake and spend time with him! Sunday school and morning church was great. After the morning service we went to my momma's house and she had a hunt for the kids, so they could find their Easter baskets. She took sticky notes and had written hints on each one to find the next hint and then at the end of them running all over the place they ended up in the back yard finding their Easter baskets. Then they had an Easter Egg hunt, then we had lunch. My Grandma was at Momma's too, so we got to spend time with her which is always great. We had 4 generations playing UNO after lunch. It was a great time!

We went back to church for the afternoon service, then back home finally to meet up with Kevin's parents at our house for an Easter visit. It was a very long, but great day. I'm so tired this morning, but there will be no rest for me! This is spring break, which means that I don't have to teach school, which means that I can get some "spring cleaning" done! I plan on working all week to get my house straight and get winter clothes put away. Later peeps!
Posted by Heather at 5:08 AM 0 comments
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Busy weekend ahead
Oh my, this is going to be a busy weekend for us! Saturday @ 1:00 we have a family reunion for Kevin's family. This usually will take up most of the day. We are usually some of the last to leave and I personally think that the best part is the end when most people have left and the rest of us are sitting around cutting up. I'm looking forward to it!

Sunday morning Kevin and I will teach our Sunday school classes about Jesus rising again (the real reason for Easter) and then they will have an Easter egg hunt on the church grounds. I'm thinking about staying out of big church to take pictures of the kiddies.... Then after church we are going to my momma's for lunch and another Easter egg hunt. Yay! Then we are going to hit my mother-in-laws for an Easter visit before we go back to church for our afternoon service. Thank goodness for grandparents because for the first time in my childrens' lives we cannot get them anything for Easter. As sad as that makes me, it's true. But, I'm sure that by the time Sunday is over they will have a ton of candy and goodies anyways.

Well, that's all for now! Later everybody!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ihave happy children

anecdote